Table 'DBNAME.dbo.TableNAME' doesn't exist Entity Framework 6 with MySQL

c# entity-framework entity-framework-6 mysql

Question

I am using Entity Framework 6.0.0 with MySql Server 5.6.17

I have added MySql.Data.Entities through nuget and it installed Entity Framework 6.0.0 and MySql.Data 6.8.4

Everything was setup perfectly and working fine with some of my Business Entities. it have automigration enabled(true).

Later i have added some more entities and then it started giving error like

Table 'DBNAME.dbo.TABLENAME' doesn't exist Entity Framework 6

I have tried deleting whole database and recreate it again, but it didn't worked.

I have tried updating Entity Framework to 6.1.2 and MySql.Data to 6.9.5 but it did not solved problem but gives some other error like

Method not found: 'System.Data.Entity.Migrations.Builders.TableBuilder`1<!0> System.Data.Entity.Migrations.Builders.TableBuilder`1.Index(System.Linq.Expressions.Expression`1<System.Func`2<!0,System.Object>>, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, System.Object)'.

So i changed my EF and MySql.Data to previous version(EF 6.0.0 And MySql.Data 6.8.4)

I found one more article http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=69649 who has same error like me so i modified my configuration method as below

 public Configuration()
 {
            this.AutomaticMigrationsEnabled = true;
            SetSqlGenerator("MySql.Data.MySqlClient", new MySql.Data.Entity.MySqlMigrationSqlGenerator());
            CodeGenerator = new MySql.Data.Entity.MySqlMigrationCodeGenerator();
            AutomaticMigrationDataLossAllowed = true;  // or false in case data loss is not allowed.
 }

but it did not solved issue. i got same error again.

My Sample Business Entity is as below.

public class User
{
    [Key]
    public int UserID { get; set; }
    [Display(Name = "User Email")]
    [AllowHtml]
    public string UserEmail { get; set; }
    [MaxLength(100)]
    [Required(ErrorMessage = "Enter user password")]
    [Display(Name = "User Password")]
    [AllowHtml]
    public string UserPassword { get; set; }
    [MaxLength(50)]
    [Display(Name = "First Name")]
    [AllowHtml]
    public string FirstName { get; set; }
    [MaxLength(50)]
    [Display(Name = "Last Name")]
    [AllowHtml]
    public string LastName { get; set; }
    [Display(Name = "Profile Picture")]
    public string ProfilePicURL { get; set; }
    public string SaltKey { get; set; }
}

Thanks for any help in advance

1
4
2/19/2015 3:35:21 PM

Accepted Answer

class SqlGenerator : MySql.Data.Entity.MySqlMigrationSqlGenerator
{
    public override IEnumerable<MigrationStatement> Generate(IEnumerable<MigrationOperation> migrationOperations, string providerManifestToken)
    {
        IEnumerable < MigrationStatement > res =  base.Generate(migrationOperations, providerManifestToken);
        foreach(MigrationStatement ms in res)
        {
            ms.Sql = ms.Sql.Replace("dbo.","");
        }
        return res;
    }
}
(...)
SetSqlGenerator("MySql.Data.MySqlClient", new SqlGenerator());

Better solution: When i restart application, EF always want to drop and create foreign key constraint one more time, all this strange sql operations contains "dbo." schema. I just ignore them.

foreach(MigrationStatement ms in res)
{
    //ms.Sql = ms.Sql.Replace("dbo.","");
    if(ms.Sql.Contains("dbo."))
    {
        return new List<MigrationStatement>();
    }
}
9
10/29/2015 8:03:26 PM

Popular Answer

The solution given in How can I stop Entity Framework 5 migrations adding dbo. into key names? may work for you. It did for me in several cases.

After 10 months since you asked this question you may have your own approach. Based on my experience I don't recommend using automatic migrations, at least not with MySQL. There are several incompatibilities you need to resolve manually. When using automatic migrations, you can easily break your database and spend hours trying to fix it, if you don't want to loose the data.

The issues include:

  • incorrect support for column renames
  • no support for index renames
  • changes to code-first model are reflected incorrectly in the migrations and you need to tune them

I have solutions to the first 2, if you are interested. The last one is always manual step.

The approach that worked for me 100% so far was to follow the procedure:

  1. Make changes to code-first model
  2. Generate new migration using Add-Migration
  3. Review the generated code and make sure it's correct
  4. Substitute column/index operations with your fixed versions
  5. Apply the migration


Related Questions





Related

Licensed under: CC-BY-SA with attribution
Not affiliated with Stack Overflow
Licensed under: CC-BY-SA with attribution
Not affiliated with Stack Overflow