All of a sudden I keep getting a
MetadataException on instantiating my generated
ObjectContext class. The connection string in App.Config looks correct - hasn't changed since last it worked - and I've tried regenerating a new model (edmx-file) from the underlying database with no change.
Anyone have any ideas?
Further details: I haven't changed any properties, I haven't changed the name of any output assemblies, I haven't tried to embed the EDMX in the assembly. I've merely waited 10 hours from leaving work until I got back. And then it wasn't working anymore.
I've tried recreating the EDMX. I've tried recreating the project. I've even tried recreating the database, from scratch. No luck, whatsoever.
This means that the application is unable to load the EDMX. There are several things which can cause this.
In short, there is not really enough detail in your question to give an accurate answer, but hopefully these ideas should get you on the right track.
Update: I've written a blog post with more complete steps for troubleshooting.
This little change help with this problem.
I have Solution with 3 project.