Entity Framework BulkSaveChanges
BulkSaveChanges allows you to improve EF performance by saving multiple entities with bulk operations.
For HUGE performance gains, Entity Framework makes one database round-trip for each entity to insert/update/delete.
So if you want to save (add, modify or remove) 10,000 entities, 10,000 database round trip will be required which is INSANELY slow. To use BulkSaveChanges, you will need to use a third-party library.
|Operations||1,000 Entities||2,000 Entities||5,000 Entities|
|BulKSaveChanges||90 ms||150 ms||350 ms|
|SaveChanges||1,000 ms||2,000 ms||5,000 ms|
Google Related Searches
- Entity Framework Bulk Operations
- Entity Framework SaveChanges Performance
- Entity Framework SaveChanges Slow
StackOverflow Related Questions
- Fastest way of inserting many parent and child records
- Bulk Insert in Entity Framework v6.1
- C# & EF: bulkinsert related objects
- Entity framework 6 code first Many to many insert slow
- Insert thousands of many to many links to the DB quickly
- Entity Framework Bulk Insert Throws KeyNotFoundException error
- Bulk insert from a csv file using Entity Framework
// using Z.EntityFramework.Extensions; // Don't forget to include this. // Easy to use context.BulkSaveChanges(); // Easy to customize context.BulkSaveChanges(bulk => bulk.BatchSize = 100);
|Z.EntityFramework.Extensions||PRO||EF6||< 1 Day||Yes||Bulk SaveChanges