Entity Framework Code First vs Database First
Code First vs Database First
When you start learning Entity Framework, you will often see the the following two terms;
- Code Fist
- Database First
What is the difference between Code First and Database First in Entity Framework?
StackOverflow Related Questions
- What is the difference between 'Database First' and 'Code First to Existing Database' in Entity Framework
- Code-first vs Model/Database-first [closed]
Code First Approach
- Code First is a very popular approach and has full control over the code rather than database activity.
- In this approach, we can do all the database operations from the code and manual changes to database have been lost and everything is depending on the code.
- In this you need to create POCO entities as data model.
Database First Approach
- Database first approach is used when database is ready then Entity Framework will complete his duty and create POCO entities for you.
- If you have already a designed database and you don't want to do extra effort then you can go with this approach.
- You can modify the database manually and update model from database.
- So, we can say, entity framework is able to create your model classes based on tables and columns from relational database.